Saturday, September 16, 2006

Now it's Official!

A few weeks ago I happened to stumble upon Rockettoro, by the Canadian artist Izik Levy, and lo and behold there was a haiku contest taking place! I decided to enter since I really liked the price, a Dichroic Glass Robot Pendant. It's beautiful and I am a little drawn towards cuteness and robots I have to admit. I took a moment, looking at the images of his wonderful (love that heart!) robots, and then just let the words come as they pleased. A few seconds later I had this (read slowly and thoughtfully):

I walk in the light
with an angular grace
diode flashing red

And it is what I sent. And then I won. Haha. Amazing. I never win! Maybe it's been my secret gift all along - I am fantastic doing second language haikus? If you know any more of this kind of contest, please tell me so I can see if the theory holds up!

Oh, also have to tell you this - what is extra great about Mr. Levy is that he is donating 10% of all proceeds from the sale of his glass Robot Pendants through www.rockettoro.com to SickKids Foundation. Bravo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home